Laser Cladding M/C
• Overlay on a material with a high melting point is possible
because it has high energy density.
• Can be applied to brittle materials such as metal oxides
in the form of a powder and a carbide
• The dilution rate is low and its control is easy.
• Cooling rate is fast because of low heat input (minimize cracking).
• Form uniform structure with fine crystal grains and no segregation
• Control of the alloy components is easy depending on the thickness
of the cladding layer.
• Local cladding is possible on a fine part.